[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
The beginning of the next best thing in Role Playing | JoinUO Forums

The beginning of the next best thing in Role Playing

If you own a shard and are looking to fill a staff position that suits your shards needs, this is the place!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 11:57 am
Hello, and thank you for taking time to read my post.

In the past, i have released a few scripts, some of which lean toward usage among RP-Oriented servers, some that do not. I like RP, and am a strong supporter of it. I have decided that with the recent turning point in 4.0, etc. that i wish to create a Hard-Core RP server. This server will, over all be run by the player base, i will not disclose exact details of what this means within the post, my ideas are for myself, and my staff only, until release, when everything will hit the fan, and change RP for ever.

(this is my edit)
I forgot to mention the 'release' of UO we will be working from, is the Divinity shard, released on the RunUO Forums in 2011.

(end of my edit)

I am looking to put together a team of mature, and experienced individuals, who wish to create an environment that is as realistic as possible, while still being fun for the players. It is important that everyone understand that projects i work on, never accept donations, nor will that change. so if you are looking at working on a server as a way to make a dollar, this is the wrong post for you.

Ideally, i would like to create and build a custom map, this is an area in which i lack expertise. If someone with some knowledge in this field happens across me, and wishes to help, then so be it, if not, we will be more than able to move on with the maps that come with the game.

To narrow down my search into a list, I am specifically looking for these positions, how many people we have in these positions is not an issue, we can have 100 people working on this server, for all i care, as long as those people understand 2 things. the most important being I call the shots, this is not to say that i am a dictator, and will not hear ideas, etc. This means that i have a specific plan already in mind, and i will not deviate from that plan, nor will i do anything that might affect the shard's balance, or hinder the players from the amount of control they will have at our shard. 2 being, this is a team. there is no such thing as a 1 man army, everyone will be expected to get along, and work together toward progress, completion, and release, as well as maintaining the server.

You are not expected to specify in 1 field, feel free to list any and all experience/knowledge you have, and we will go from there. if you have a preferred field of work, do let me know, we'll talk. i am reasonable.
The List:

Script Developers - I can script, i do not claim to know it all, but I've got what it takes to get done what i need to get done. I am not a teacher, so if you plan to come on to the team in the C# Field, you need to come with your own knowledge, and be ready to bring it. that is not to say i would not take time to help educate someone with something i know, i do like passing along knowledge.

Decoration/Building - The ability to open pandora's box/CenterED, and put a static object down on the map does not make you a builder. i am very picky about my buildings, and i will take nothing less than excellence from anything built, and applied to usage in this server.

Lore Master - If you are looking to become a part of the lore development staff, inquire. there is really no way i can specify anything about this job, other than the fact that it is probably the most important non-mechanics job we will have. Lore, after all, dictates religion, racial backgrounds, etc, etc.

Pages/General Help- Our server will be in the hands of the players, 99.9% of the time. I understand though, that in some cases, a member of the staff -might- have to intervene in some matters. (player disputes, bugs, etc.) This position is intended for those who can look at an issue, determine the cause, and solution, and handle it in a professional, and respectful manner. Every staff member is expected to handle pages, when we are live, so this is generally a responsibility of every staff member, but people skills is a trait all of it's own. not everyone has the patience to deal with arrogance, ignorance, or other such things that can come, with a player hitting that beloved page button.
==========================================
The staff i have during development, is the staff i will have upon release, and down the line. I have noticed a trend of people who look for the 'established' servers, seeking to simply jump aboard and look uber-cool in a GM robe. I won't have it. if you can't help with the work, you surely will not reap the benefits of helping during release. That is a reward for those who have put in time to see a dream turned into a reality.

If you have further questions, or wish to inquire about a position, i have several methods available to contact me:

GMAIL: anomaly.scripter@gmail.com
RunUO: Tarn Blackhail
Here (reply/PM): Anomaly
Skype (generally preferred): Anomaly.Scripter

Thank you for your time, and i await your response. I will, and always have, kept up with my posts. so if you leave a reply here, expect a PM sent to your forum handle here. i probably will not reply directly in-post, as 1 on 1 conversations are best kept between the individuals involved.

~Anomaly

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:18 am
Current Implementations:
Permanent Death (PvP) - Players killed in a pvp manner, will 'pass away' (method: deletion), after a set time limit, determined by checks from the agressor, and the victim's stats/certain skills * 0.5 minutes. If the player is returned to life, IE resurrected within the variable time limit, death is avoided, and they get to go on their merry way. Ghosts in general will be paralyzed, but if a player dies in PvM, there is no chance of Permanent Death.

Current Works in Progress: (TBD = To Be Determined)
Race System- Details TBD.
Class System- Details TBD.
Construction System - The construction of new towns, buildings, etc, will be placed in the hands of the players. further details upon completion & implementation. this particular project will take a good while to complete.

EDIT:
i decided to release a spoiler on the Race System:
Attachments
charactercreationgump.jpg
charactercreationgump.jpg (80.37 KiB) Viewed 3570 times

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 am
I like the idea of "permanent death" or a char's lifespan. It's something I've seen in some of the best PvP/RP MUDs and something I would do on my own server if I decided to build one.
From an RP standpoint a lifespan is very important. It gives your RP a beginning, middle, and end.

If it was me I would just give chars ~100 lives...PvP or PvM, it doesn't matter...life is precious. If someone was nearing permanent death and felt their RP wasn't over, they could apply for a special (difficult) quest to be restored and gain another 100 lives.

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:33 pm
yeah, i canned the project for now- lack of interest among the community in something so 'on the edge'. every one i talked to is afraid of PD. ive got it still, i might pick it back up, there is no telling. will reply here in the future, but don't get your hopes up.

Return to Seeking Employees