[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
JoinUO Client | JoinUO Forums

JoinUO Client

More information on the JoinUO client will be released when it becomes available.
What are you looking for in a UO freeshard connection client?

Same as UOGateway and ConnectUO
9%
Same as UOGateway
26%
Same as ConnectUO
12%
Not like ConnectUO
3%
Not like UoGateway
3%
Something different with a better voting system
15%
Better way for shard advertisement
9%
Alphabetized, Vote, or (users)Online server listings
9%
Other(Please give description below)
15%

Total votes : 34

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:11 pm
For the meantime, i'd like to get some idea's in what people are looking for in a free server emulator connection client.

Please provide any knowledgeable thought out questions.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:28 pm
I'de like to see a client that doesn't base the list on votes (order wise). Some of the shards out here have a good player base but can't get people to vote because there's no reward for doing so. UO Gateway use to do it by name, which is also a bad idea, because you would then have a lot of servers called "ABC" or Absental, etc etc...

Connectuo does it by votes, which makes newer shards impossible to be recognized. Maybe you could make it in order by website hits? I think that would be a fair balance, as the larger based shards could be recognized first still, and those willing to go out and advertise their servers like crazy could also have a shot of building an actual playerbase :)

That's my input on it, take it as you will.

Btw, great site, I love it!

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:23 pm
Thanks. I agree, We want to make sure all shard can get some sort of exposure.

We do intend to eventually let the list sort by all kinds of different methids, online count, website hits, filter by shard type. We're getting there :)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:59 pm
Awesome! Like I said, that would be great!

We just dropped over 2 grand on a new server computer, and believe me, these days it is HARD to get a playerbase going. But we're coming along slowly because of your site! Thanks again!

-DxMonkey
(UO Insanitry Owner)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:18 pm
I voted to have it listed by online count.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:45 am
To me none of those ideas are really fair especially for the new servers. :idea: If there was a way to rotate the server list, now that would be fair. Start in alphabetical order and change everyday 1st goes to last and so forth. Any other way and some people find a way to cheat. This way it is set in stone that eventually your server will be 1st in line. This may seem like it would take a long time for your server to get to the top of the list when the server starts with the letter Z but at least it will get there.
If a new server is made it would fall into alphabetical order and start where ever that letter is at the time. :mrgreen:

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:13 pm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:35 am
Have you guys been able to work on the JoinUO client? The UO world could use another one besides ConnectUO. It really doesn't matter how it works at this point, because we have not had one in over a year and we need one. I know you guys have a real life, but any help would be better than no help at all. Give us a client and we will come.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:17 pm
Yeah, I've been working on it some, but time has been an issue.

If there are any VisualC++ dev's interested in joining in on this project give me a shout.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:58 am
Next

Return to JoinUO Client Help