[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
LBR flag hack for MP3 music | JoinUO Forums

LBR flag hack for MP3 music

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:51 pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:21 pm
I'll take a look at it later. If you can confirm that the UOSA client already has this hack, then a.) somebody here definitely knows about it, and b.) it will be easy to add to my patcher.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:31 pm
I once wrote a proof-of-concept hack for always enabling the AOS features for 5.0.8.3. It's the same theory.

The Packet Distributor is your friend here :
But unless you know assembler it's not going to do you any good.

I'll also try to look at it again, it's been a year atleast :(.
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:43 am
Nice script. I've been an Olly guy for a long time, but I had to dig out IDA again to try your script. Copying code blocks from this forum is no good for Python though (not in Firefox anyways), I had to quote it and then copy from between the tags in the forum reply.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:48 am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:14 am
Gotcha. Thanks for explaining. I saw your post over at UOSA but didn't entirely understand what you were talking about until now.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 am
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:57 am

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:10 pm
I will have to check to confirm this, but I belive the 5.0.8.x client is the last one that supports the StringQuery packet 0xAC, this is the menu (not gump) that pops up to let you enter text, and can also limit entry on a maximum number. The Bounty menu on OSI used this menu type.

I'm not sure what all is enabled in the client when the LBR flag is sent, but these flags do control client side game content. The T2A flag enables the Chat button on the paper doll.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:10 am
I have two different approaches to the patch I'd like to test (one in the packet handler, and one in the actual music area), but the actual testing environment is pissing me off and I don't have a lot of time to spare. I set up a runuo server with LeonZA's patches, and compiled a custom runuo to send me hardcoded features packet, but I swear the music packets aren't doing anything.

No matter what my client loops the same mp3, even if t2a is only sent, and whether i've patched the client or not.
Next

Return to UO Client