[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
A few tidbits | JoinUO Forums

A few tidbits

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 pm
I'm not quite sure where the best place for this is, but...here it is.

In keeping with the whole "don't take it to your grave" idea, I'd like to share a few bits of information I've gathered over some time.

Attached is a zip containing data relating to the game, patching, and messenger protocols. Not everything is exactly user-friendly, given these are mostly personal notes I've made. Missing is information about file formats and the IGR protocol as I seem to only have those "documented" in source code files and handwritten notes. I'm sure I'll post them as I get around to it.

I'd much rather dump this data with supporting documents to make it more coherent, but I figure better a little bit now than nothing at all.

Anyway, hopefully this data is useful to someone.

Cheers,
Kair
Attachments
uoquickzip.zip
(68.58 KiB) Downloaded 366 times

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:20 pm
Oh man, there's huge amount of information!
Thank you!

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:14 pm
Thanks so much Kair!

I've been trying to archive as much old stuff as possible lately, as I'm so afraid that a lot of info has already been lost. I archived your kairtech packet guide the other day (fortunately it's still being mirrored out there). If you are interested in resurrecting your old domain, if you still own it, or if it's available to register, I would gladly host it. There are still a lot of links out there to your God client info and packet guide on that domain.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:17 pm
Kair?!
That famous one Kairtech?
Woooaaah, i was trying to contact you for many years O_O

I used your guide as only source of knowledge about god client packets!

p.s. I'm right now redesigning data you provided for better visual guide, will post when will finish, but there's so much data so i need some time (will looks like guide, maybe better)
p.s. http://download.joinuo.com/Documents/images/gcfo1.jpg xD
Last edited by Derrick on Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: hardlinked image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:15 am

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:51 am
I've been working on trying to expand some of these packets myself; and get the counselor page queue functionality in the regular clienting working well. One thing I'm kind of stuck on right now is how to notify the client that a page has been canceled; and close the window (and clear the current caller). Leaving the current caller field set, and sending a new GQRequest packet to the client seems to crash it.

This information may be in your packet information; it's a lot of information and I've barely scratched the surface on it, but when you mentioned any questions this is the one that came to mind :)

I'm looking forward to the return of kairtech, if there is anything I can do, let me know!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:22 am

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:56 am
Well, so far I don't see anyway to force the gump to close unfortunately. Perhaps a different client version will have some answers...

Edit:

And since we're kind of on the subject, here's a zip containing OSI documents for Counselors, Companions, Senior Companions, and Interest volunteers.
Attachments
volunteerdocs.zip
(135.18 KiB) Downloaded 328 times

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:42 pm
This is great. Thank you!
This is much more modern and complete than some of the other infomation we have.
I've been working on commands from a pdf of the early guides that we have .

Return to UO Client