2 more line-ending bugs

The UO "Demo" is a slightly modified OSI UO Server and Client which was bundled on the Ultima Online Second Age retail CD. This forum seeks to reveal it's mysteries.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:23 pm
Inside the executable we find 2 more bugs related to the Unix to Windows conversion.

At 0x4DEA14 the weapon name is read from the weapon files. The weapon name is then discarded. Thus that line bug can be ignored.

At 0x4D49FD the skill name is read and stored into memory. The name is used by some scripts and send to the client. This means the skill name is send to the client with an additional 0x0D character. The client does render that character one as a blank.

UoDemo+, Publish 16, which is going to be released real soon, will fix the alchemy name bug. The weapon name bug is gonna stay :).
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:53 pm
The line ending bug bug causing item stacking not to work is still present. There is a thread about this somewhere in here, but I've been scouring and cannot find it :/

EDIT: This was a tiledata.mul file problem, not line ending; bad memory. Nevermind :)
I'll resurrect or post the info on this problem elsewhere.

Return to UO Demo