[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
House decay time | JoinUO Forums

House decay time

The UO "Demo" is a slightly modified OSI UO Server and Client which was bundled on the Ultima Online Second Age retail CD. This forum seeks to reveal it's mysteries.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:34 am
Attachments
Maximum Decay.JPG
Maximum Decay.JPG (105.7 KiB) Viewed 18375 times

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:24 am
Attachments
Write Access to 48068h.JPG
Write Access to 48068h.JPG (16.25 KiB) Viewed 18369 times
Read Access of 48068h.jpg
Read Access of 48068h.jpg (23.28 KiB) Viewed 18369 times
DecayType.JPG
DecayType.JPG (19.37 KiB) Viewed 18369 times
DECAY_TEST.JPG
DECAY_TEST.JPG (41 KiB) Viewed 18369 times
Cross References.JPG
Cross References.JPG (31.28 KiB) Viewed 18369 times
COMMAND_setDecayTest.JPG
COMMAND_setDecayTest.JPG (19.19 KiB) Viewed 18369 times
All Test Decay Related Values.JPG
All Test Decay Related Values.JPG (61.49 KiB) Viewed 18369 times
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 pm
Thanks so much. This is a great discovery.

I called setDecayTest(0) from a script and all items began decay.

Previously all items were returning 255 as decay max, and decay count was not updating. Once decay was enabled, all items seem to save a decay max of 72, even piles. Initial guesstimation shows that the decayCount is increased by 6 each second, and the item is deleted when decayMax is reached. Currently it looks like items only last on the ground for a little over a minute.

decayenabled.png
Results from the decayinfo script on a cabbage after setDecayTest(0) was called
decayenabled.png (198.7 KiB) Viewed 18361 times

All items on the ground in this picture decayed together a few moments after this screenshot.

tenore.png
tenore.png (165.48 KiB) Viewed 18361 times

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:08 pm
Is it possible that you used setDecayTest(1) instead of 0 Derrick? I ran the same test myself this morning and the information returned was nothing like the information your screenshots show.

Edit: I ran the test again and here's what I found for each setting:

Decay Rate With Decay Test off.JPG
This is the decay information for items when the decay test is turned off
Decay Rate With Decay Test off.JPG (107.58 KiB) Viewed 18354 times

Decay Rate With Decay Test on.JPG
This is the decay information for items when the decay test is turned on
Decay Rate With Decay Test on.JPG (101.75 KiB) Viewed 18354 times

When I ran the command on items in game with the decay test on, the decay rate for items advanced by 6 each time. For houses it advanced by only 1. I don't know what the relationship is or how it's calculated at this point, but there's the information.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 am
The information in my screenshots is the display from the "decayinfo" script which can be attached to an item, and then that item can be used to target an item to get that item's serial, decay count, and decaymax. The Decay max returned from your script seems to be the same. Was the decaycount incrementing by about 6 per second?

I've tinkered with the spawner rates via the god client, so it's possible the server was running in "Fast" mode. I'll recheck this realtime increment interval at my earliest opportunity to see is it's effected by the spawner speed.

Can you post the script for the command you are using above?

Edit: OOps, yes, I did set it to (1). Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:22 am

Return to UO Demo