[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Server On The Web | JoinUO Forums

Server On The Web

Discussion forum for the UO:98 emulator project.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:55 pm
Howdy,

Just wondering if you could run a UO:98 shard for a month or two; to let multiple people log in and check it out.
Stick it on the same server as Second Age?

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:24 pm
Thanks for posting :)

We actually put up a stable server, but it's been up and down as we've been upgrading and testing.

Check it out @ dev.uo98.org port 2593

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:47 am
I'm curious about what the differences are between the demo client compared to T2A clients work. Things like hiding did you need to be x many tiles away I think it was around 8 to 10 post nerf to tab hide or could you do it like right next to them or 1 tile away if you wanted, archery can you shoot on the run, bomb boxes do they go boom on everyone around it or just the person opening it, resist magic to do with firewalls and summoning a pet to walk through them in town to call the guards on another player abusing the easy in town firewall resist magic trick, ect worked in the demo and was meditation even in the demo I can't remember anymore it's been a long time and certainly don't remember testing any of those things back when I legitimately first purchase T2A way back then.

I'm still very curious if UO Extreme works in the demo or not Baitlin I thought was going to check that out for me awhile back, but never ended up getting back to me on it so dunno if he checked or not. I'd really like to know if stuff from it like keep containers open and snoop again on failure being able to axe items in peoples backpacks to see what's underneath them so they couldn't hide small pouches behind drobes making it pretty much impossible to snoop them which were like the bread and butter of early UO stealing it's a joke how terrible the skill is without them and with the hiding changes that took place and even the thieves guild requirement was just a foolish unneeded game change why should reds be exempt from being shysters as well.

I miss pre expansion UO back when weaken, feeble mind, clumsy, and curse (not that anyone uses curse to interrupt now) weren't used as spell interrupts consciously or was damn rare and not as practical regardless. I know this for a fact because last target, arm/disarm weren't in game and you had to manually unequip first in order to cast a spell the only way to do anything of those things with the exception of instant hit which defiantly wasn't in place when the game launched initially and didn't come until right around T2A along with the other mentionable is by ahem *cheating* using UOE.

So anyway I'm curious if it works in the demo client because my favorite era of UO was by large pre expansion UO in the days of Tank Mages, Archery, and Stealing when you didn't need stealth because hiding itself was better overall than hiding and stealth combined ended up being later on. Most of all though no silly weaken, feeble mind, and clumsy combo spamming that poo just didn't happen even though with UOE it was certainly technically possible, but no cheater in their right mind would have made it that glaringly obvious unless they just didn't give a damn about actually getting caught it fell along the same lines as abusing the show hidden feature in early UOE attacking a hidden player basically. Also like mentioned prior to meditation it wasn't mana efficient and without instant hit as well completely infeasible concept really and heck pre eval int booster that front loaded damage wouldn't be sufficient either players could also early UO heal through poison damage with bandages so yet another factor debunking pre expansion UO interrupt spamming that's widely prevalent with the post T2A servers.

I fully admit I defiantly used UOE and ahem *cheated* though I think of it as more like fixing broken or missing features from the game the UO community ultimately benefited from it because of players like myself along with Ron, Greybeard, and other well known UOE users of the time period because arm, disarm, and last target features were ultimately the end result of it. The UO people still enjoy today was the result of the UO we enjoyed back then. Some of us back then people just want a chance to enjoy the back then game we knew and enjoyed more then the aforementioned latter UO. Some that never experienced it or enjoyed it might come to enjoy it more as well. This is the program for those unware of past UO history. Also arm/disarm in UOE didn't have a lag like the later implementation ultimately had so you could instantly equip and fire a heavy crossbow after casting a quick spell or spell combo because it didn't have a timed 1 second refresh for equipping it which made the game play a bit faster paced this coupled with the lack of spell interrupt spamming lead to very strategic long lasting fights with other players which could last hours before reaching it's climax or last long stretches of UO territory before being lured into or stumbling upon a rock and hard spot, but also lead to some very great 2v1 or even 3v1 fights because greater healing through damage without the major predictable and abusive spell interrupts was far easier to accomplish. You didn't have this I'm going to debuff interrupt your heal spell absurdity.

Here's a link to the program good old Ron and crew kept it achieved for bastards to download after all these years real question is does it in fact work for the demo?

http://www.wtfman.com/mcd/fonts.htm

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:47 am
This UO:98 shard is AWESOME.

Return to UO:98