UO Dev Chat Session, 1st Quarter 2011

Discuss topics relating to JoinUO only.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:01 pm
(Posted Here as there ain't a General Coder section)

Howdy!

There's a great number of us who research, program for, or otherwise modify Ultima Online.
I've found that most of us have been re-inventing the wheel, over and over.
It would do wonders for individual project growth, and for personal morale, if we were to organize a chat session.

Perhaps on WildIRC. A period of an afternoon, perhaps 4-5 hours, as this will allow for our wildly-varying timezone differences.

In every creative endeavour I have undertaken, I have learned the value of teamwork; that is, when a great number of intelligent, like-minded individuals come together, there begins the development of what Napoleon Hill would have called a Master Mind: something greater than just one man.

We all have our individual projects. But, we all also have holes in our knowledge, whether conscious of them or not. Working together, however, and freely exchanging ideas and tips on-the-fly, will create a setting that will allow for rapid development of our endeavours.

How does Sunday, April 3, 2011 sound?

Bicchus Dicchus

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:09 pm
Works for me. I'll be sure to be available Sunday afternoon through evening.

Thanks!

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:56 pm
Hi

I won't be able to join then as I'll be going to Germany for the weekend.
Maybe the week after?
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:03 am
Hey,

It would be advantageous for us to host a chat similar to this one, at least once a month.

Batlin, we'll keep logs and post 'em here so that you can see what we've discussed. I was hoping you'd be able to make it, but c'est la vie; perhaps at the next session. Have a beer on me!

Everyone else reading this, I encourage you to spread the word.

irc.wildirc.net (6667)
#joinUO
Sunday, April 3rd, 2011
8pm EST (UTC -5)
BYOB

Bicchus Dicchus

Return to General Discussion