[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
New Servers with 200 votes! | JoinUO Forums

New Servers with 200 votes!

Discuss topics relating to JoinUO only.

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 4:17 am
Have to love this new server with 12 online and suddenly they have over 200 votes, pretty sad that some have to cheat in order to rank :<

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:29 pm
I think some new shards have some quite active members that are more than willing to vote once a day, easily causing the shards to collect alot of votes.

Some of our players have taken it upon themselves to vote for our shard every day and make sure that our players are reminded repeatedly.

Not sure which shard you are mentioning, but we have been on the list since the 7th and have averaged about 20 votes a day.
Last edited by Chris on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris,

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:41 pm
UO Rennaissance is clearly using a proxy to vote.

This is unfortunate, There is no way a server with 120 player base (70 people average unique?) stayed a head of our server(400 uniques average) since the first(april) when last month we totally demolished them in votes. Saying we do not have an active voting player base is entirely out of the question as we definitely do.

It's a shame servers need to do stuff like this to "appear" to be ahead. If JoinUO is moderated at all they should be removed honestly.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:21 am
I can attest to seeing several servers with an average of 20 players finding themselves on the front page. An average of 70 players, if all of them vote daily, could topple 2k votes in a single month. But as far as UO:F being 400 "unique", that much is certainly not even remotely true. A third of that would be more accurate, based on duplicate accounts and dual-clients. Why bother to wage a pissing contest over votes? Players these days generally avoid voting sites, and even when they do take the time to scour such a site, they're not looking at votes, they focus on features and client count.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 5:53 am
Orbit you pretend like you know what the fudge you are talking about the odds are you are the owner or staff member for UO:R server.

UO:R is clearly cheating however Derrick seems to have dropped the ball and doesn't care much for joinuo anymore so he needs to consider selling it or hiring some coders (and designer).

UO:R peaked today at 146 since reset. Yet have nearly 200 votes. heck their highest peak players was 175. So 196 votes the same day as the reset?

You don't have to use math or check the history to see that these morons are clearly cheating and obviously getting away with it. It is so Blatantly obvious.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:24 am
I have no affiliation with UO:R in any capacity. I'm not "pretending" anything, merely stating fact. I've been around this community long enough, my friend.

For starters, those graphs are not an accurate representation of numbers. Servers are polled hourly (roughly). In an hour's time, the client count can fluctuate significantly unbeknownst by JoinUO. Furthermore, how is an online peak indicative of how many users are capable of voting? Most administrative teams (any with common sense, that is) have links to voting sites on their forum or main page, which are able to be accessed by users at work, on their mobile phone, etc. You obviously put very little thought into this "conspiracy" presentation.

Having said that, why are you nerd-raging on a forum you insist isn't "cared about", in regards to votes on a site that allegedly needs a redesign? UO:Forever allows duplicate accounts, and in some instances, several per IP Address; their numbers are no more accurate or legitimate than any other server. Instead of investing so much time in bashing another server publicly, you should consider your next words very carefully, as you're obviously attempting to act as a representative of the UO:F community. One could make an argument that your antics and lack of intellect are indicative of the UO:F community's nature. But I digress, the point you're missing is that this isn't a competition. This is a LISTING site, not a place for people to stroke their e-peens in a niche community.

In closing, a word to the wise: Derrick has managed this community for many, many years. He has invested countless man hours into providing this site, and UO:T2A, to the emulation community, free of charge. Have a little respect. I promise you, I know a heck of a lot more about the emulation community than you do, kiddo.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:38 pm
150 clients, 3 client per I.P server, so lets say maybe 75 unique players on UO:R. First day the server has 200 votes. They just blew their cover yesterday with how blatantly fabricated their votes are, first day 200 votes? with that playerbase? Yeah.. ok.

They are clearly cheating the vote system. I don't see why you are sitting here (orbit system) vehemently defending them when it is blatantly obvious to anyone that isn't closing their eyes to the facts, UO:R is cheating the votes.

If this website is still being moderated at all then they should be removed. That is all.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 7:23 pm

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:17 pm
You know, it speaks volumes of a community that is more concerned with attacking other servers and posters (such as myself) on a voting site, than simply encouraging users in their own community to vote more often. What purpose does it serve? Are you all truly naive enough to believe that being "#1" on JoinUO is the answer to your woes; that it somehow entitles you to bragging rights? Let me reiterate: this is nothing more than a listing site. There are no tournaments, or victories. We're all on the same team. We develop/play within the "free shard" community in an effort to breath life back into a dying game. Stop wasting people's time (especially Derrick's) with petty complaints about "oh noes, they gotst 5 more votes than their highest client count - HAXXORZ!". Grow the heck up.

For the record, it's Orbit Storm, and I'll "pound my chest" all I like. Again, I have no affiliation with UO:R. I reference UO:F simply because you're here on their behalf, that is no secret. Don't let your inferiority complex get the better of you with these conspiracy theories. Google my name, and you'll see thousands of hits throughout the emulation community. Love me or hate me, my name is rather well known (to those that matter, at least). My contributions to the emulation community over the past decade entitles me to every bit of "chest thumping" I may or may not do. I've developed for three different forks of RunUO, have an open invitation to work with RunUO's development team, and quite frankly, I get a laugh out of watching you children nerd-rage. I'm not here to defend UO:R, I have no clue who is part of their development team, but from where I stand, I can certainly say (objectively), that their community is apparently composed of a lot more admirable and mature individuals than what apparently plagues the UO:F community. I certainly don't see other posters (related to UO:R or not), bringing all of their cronies onto the forum for the first time just to thump their own chests in some abhorrent "tag team" concept.

I have no need to argue semantics with you when basic rudimentary skills seem to elude you. I wish you and your band of fruity friends the best of luck in your narcissistic endeavors.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 8:31 pm
Chris,
Next

Return to General Discussion