Status not updating

Discuss topics relating to JoinUO only.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 am
Looks like I missed you on IRC, was looking at the new shard list, and the newest one on the list now seems to be having a similar issue, almost 12 hours on the list now and no polling stats. For giggles I went ahead and put the shard on another site as well and am experiencing similar issues, I can see their poller hitting the shard, but never shows online. So I am going to think that the latest SVN has some different packet code in it somewhere other then the changes I made to it to get it to work with newest clients...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:27 pm
Quick update, the other polling site seems to be polling my server just fine now, showing up and user counts, they seem to poll the shard a lot more, I don't know if that matters or not.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:40 pm
Little bit more info on this, it seems to be either a linux issue or Mono issue, I pulled the latest SVN to my windows machine last night and compiled there, and the poller here seems to be reading it fine now, I am going to copy the server over to it and make it exact with packet changes and all and see if it still polls, if it does at least it will be narrowed down to two things, linux or mono, and I will get with the owner of SA Resort and see what he/she is running to see if there is a common thread we can find. I don't know if you read this thread, but if you do, post your machine and what OS you are running and all that to see if we can't figure this one out.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:13 am
I'm sorry that I've fallen behind on this thread.

It would be interesting (and possible) to discover that this is a Mono problem. I think the number of shards running mono is relatively small.

This is a good lead. Thanks.

We're currently working on a new more robust poller application.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:30 pm
I've been doing some debugging directly against your shard, and the shard is simply not responding to the status request. I tried introducing delays between packets to no avail.

I fear that something has changed in your packet handlers preventing the RemoteAdmin handler from functioning properly.

Do you have any mono specific blocks in your packet handling routines that may be causing this?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 am
As far as I know, I have not changed anything in my packethandlers that anyone else would have had to change to get the shards to work with later clients, let me know what you need to see and I will be happy to post it here or send it to you.

I still see the poller hitting the shard, I am at a loss as to why mono would be messing anything up.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:30 pm
Odd little anomaly, the info page for my shard indicates that it was last online on the 18th, the shard has been running on linux/mono for quite some time now, so somehow the poller does see it online every so often, which makes this make even less sense.
Previous

Return to General Discussion