New JoinUO Website Launched!

The latest news and updates of JoinUO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:07 am
I'm using CA Security Center but I was able to vote prior to the website changes for JoinUO on this computer, which runs Windows 7. The Security Center settings have it 'automatically detect proxy settings.'

Other computer I have is running Windows Vista and I get the same message on that one, also able to vote prior to the web change, also using Explorer 8.

I do not have another browser to try it with.

Thanks for the suggestions and time.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:51 am
Thanks, I will take a look and try to figure out what's causing this. The proxy detection is a bit more advanced that it was previously. I'll do my best to replicate this problem and hopefully fix it.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:05 am
Based on logs generated today from voting failures we are working on a system that will redirect to a secure connection if a proxy is detected. This will allow those with advanced (proxying) local Internet security software to vote via ssl, and still prevent proxy voting.

I hope to have this solution deployed withing the next 24 hours. (Pending getting an SSL cert for JoinUO)

Update: Some proxy sites we tested supported HTTPS (SSL), so we've gone with another solution. If you fail the proxy test, you will need to log in to vote. (Or already be logged in)

Please don't hesitate to report any further troubles, and thanks again for your support of JoinUO!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:42 pm
Can vote now by logging in first etc, Thanks :)

Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas.
Previous

Return to Announcements