[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
possible bug in decompiler | JoinUO Forums

possible bug in decompiler

The UO "Demo" is a slightly modified OSI UO Server and Client which was bundled on the Ultima Online Second Age retail CD. This forum seeks to reveal it's mysteries.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:39 am

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:54 am
I don't think it's a bug.

The "if" is one scriptword, the "{" another, "(" yet another, then 0x00 are 3 bytes in the .M (one word to define constant, and one byte the constant itself), and also ")" is a script word, and keep in mind the } literals are inside the M too, they are not added by the decompiler.

"if(0x00) { " ---> 2+2+3+2+2 = 7 bytes alone inside the M

It looks to me it's code OSI was testing with. I do that too when programming sometimes, not the best practice though.

What you could do is, provide a list with all scripts where you see this behaviour and I can see with the "normal" M Decompiler how those script functions are parsed to the execution objects.
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:32 pm
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:30 pm
I do this often myself, enclose test blocks in If(false) which I can change to (True) when needed. Usually i use constants for this purpose, so i can turn on and off code scattered thoughout.

Under .Net anyway it's no different that using #define and #if compiler directives, as .Net will not compile code (in optimize mode) that cannot be entered.

Return to UO Demo