[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
getHint(...) method | JoinUO Forums

getHint(...) method

The UO "Demo" is a slightly modified OSI UO Server and Client which was bundled on the Ultima Online Second Age retail CD. This forum seeks to reveal it's mysteries.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:47 pm
Batlin, I'm decoding the speech system which is related to human_func and human files.
Many times in scripts the GetHint(...) method is called.
It could be possible to get the implementation of that method?

Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm
I'm not sure the hint system is implemented.
We need to find a way to enable the other "hint" scripts.

By default the internal hint array is empty.
The related object is initialized at startup with 0 items, and no sign of loading hints from disk.

The updateHint function is related and does seem to be able to add items to the array, but I'm not sure of this.

I made a full res 250MB video file of the analysis so far (13 minutes long), it may be boring, it may be learnfull. If something (or someone) is willing to host this then I'm willing to upload it :-).
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:02 pm
I'll try and find a place to host large files like this. I'm unable to host anything of size on our webhost.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:09 pm

Return to UO Demo