[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Ahoy Matey, ships are working | JoinUO Forums

Ahoy Matey, ships are working

The UO "Demo" is a slightly modified OSI UO Server and Client which was bundled on the Ultima Online Second Age retail CD. This forum seeks to reveal it's mysteries.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:26 pm
Nice.

I wonder if the root of this is a templates problem or if the item scripts for these objects should have included these scripts.

There are some similar troubles with walking on multi seen in some of the houses, for example the theif small house will not allow you to enter the steps. Related?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:30 pm
I think the root is actually in the demo.exe how the scripts are loaded and attached to the planks, hatches, and tillermans at runtime through the multi.txt.q file.

More to come regarding houses. Probably related.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:54 pm
Great job.

I've got two questions though.

In the Process Monitor I see : NAME INVALID. Was that before or after fixing the scripts? If before, why is the error NAME INVALID? Those script exists in the end, so why do they generate this error? Any idea?

In case of 0x3EB1 and 0x3EB2, why are you attaching the "shipplank" script? I'm asking because the left and rightplank scripts include the shipplank themselves.

Anyways, I'm still amazed by your work, as if you're an ex OSI employee :)
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:53 am

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:17 pm

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:21 pm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 10:31 am
Ok, thank you for that information rougan. I hadn't done the due diligence on looking at that particular script, I just recall it from looking at the scripts for a short while. Thanks for the clarification :D

Also, thanks for the link to the gm script. I was aware that the compiler existed, but I hadn't done much with it in the past. I had just sort of realized that by playing around with sdb.txt you could get it to load unreferenced scripts, and apparently, you can get it to load custom scripts as indicated by the gm script. I guess I'll have to get my feet wet with this in the near future.

Return to UO Demo