[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Let's talk about Karma & Fame | JoinUO Forums

Let's talk about Karma & Fame

The UO "Demo" is a slightly modified OSI UO Server and Client which was bundled on the Ultima Online Second Age retail CD. This forum seeks to reveal it's mysteries.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:44 am
Attachments
Disable Fame Decay.png
Disable Fame Decay.png (13.06 KiB) Viewed 4253 times
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:58 pm
Hmm I find it odd that the T2A demo, which came out before UOR, has functions for fame and karma.
These two variables didn't exist in the Notoriety system, which was the standard of the day.

I reckon they had been considering and working on the Reputation system for a while before it was introduced.

Always get nostalgic for the old Noto days though.

-Bicchus Dicchus

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:56 pm
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 6:50 pm
I checked it out, and I find it fascinating. I presume that all leftovers are, for the most part, left in for compatibility's sake, and not due to programming laziness. However, I'm of the opinion that there's been many a programmer working on the client, and perhaps more than one of these fellows were inept in the arts of code documentation. C'est la vie.

I always had a soft spot for the Notoriety system. I like to keep things simple.

-Bicchus Dicchus

Return to UO Demo