[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Strange lootpacks (need help) | JoinUO Forums

Strange lootpacks (need help)

The UO "Demo" is a slightly modified OSI UO Server and Client which was bundled on the Ultima Online Second Age retail CD. This forum seeks to reveal it's mysteries.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:12 am
Strange lootpacks...
So I have begun my testing of the uodemo. In my quest to pull information off for era accuracy I came across strange lootpacks on monsters. Bags in bags in bags, etc... Or dragons would have a couple chests and bags with poor quality items/gold. Liches had 36 of X scroll and bone bags.

The only mods I am using is publish 15 uodemo and gm like powers.
UO Gold client version 4.0.6a. Any help would be much appreciated!

Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:41 pm
Aye :/

All the lootpacks are defined in rundir\bank\templatestable.dat beginning at ID 1500

They are clearly not quite correct, not to mention recursive. I haven't gotten around to working these over myself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:46 pm
That is dissapointing. Would the same thing be said about stats/skills as well?

<sk skill_magic_defense 25d10+625>
Max of 875, being read as 87.5 magicresist?

Also I want to say thank you to you Derrick, Baitlin, and the others that have been working hard on this. It has been very interesting thus far looking at this old code.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:36 pm

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:03 pm
The issue with magic properties generation was indeed a line-ending problem. This was fixed by converting the files in /rundir/classifiers to UNIX line endings. You can do this using
lineendings.JPG
lineendings.JPG (63.54 KiB) Viewed 9799 times
magics.JPG
magics.JPG (79.95 KiB) Viewed 9799 times

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:06 pm
Found this interesting item, a necklace of seeing. This must be "bird's eye". The necklace seems not to function and charges do not deplete. By the scripts, this depricated enchantment should pop up the radar map.
necklace of seeing.JPG
necklace of seeing.JPG (22.08 KiB) Viewed 9799 times

Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:34 pm
More neat stuff. Not liftable though:
brazierofstr.JPG
brazierofstr.JPG (61.52 KiB) Viewed 9794 times

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 am
It's really interesting that the brazier is evaluated in 60 gp.
What script does the evaluation?

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:24 am

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:18 pm
Derrick, I am having problems with converting the classifier files to unix line endings. I used the method with notepad+ as you had shown and the file is no different then the original. I also used a command line interface but there is no difference. Should the file names be the same? Is there any possibility that you can upload the altered files?
Next

Return to UO Demo