[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Cant Login | JoinUO Forums

Cant Login

Discussion forum for the UO:98 emulator project.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:07 pm
Hey,

I am trying to try this thing out, and I am using client 1.25.35. I changed the login.cfg info with my LAN IP and port 2593, however, whether I am trying to login (after Running either StartUO98.cmd or UO98.exe in my UO98 folder) the client shuts down. I believe it has to do with encryption, but UORice is unable to decrypt clients that old. Any ideas/suggestions?

I am not even sure if my UO98 works all fine though, but cant check it until I solbe my client problem. Perhaps I may use 5x client, but I am so eager to try this out with oldschool graphics.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:50 pm
I suggest you first try with a 5.x client.
For that one we know it works.

It should also work with the original ones but might take some changes. It's been a while and I forgot :(
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

Site Admin
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:18 pm
Also check server map width and height settings, if it's different from actual map or what that client support, client will crash.
As described in this article: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1048

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:20 pm
Thanks for replies guys. I assume UO98 server isnt being ran on UOSecondage test server anymore? Its been a while... Im too late I quess.

Anyways, how about 2.0.3 unpatched Renaissance client? It has the black desktop thing, something early clients do not have as well as all the necessary macroses. And I can decrypt it too. I hope I will be able to run it on that one later. I just believe post-4x clients just do not have that oldschool feel which is so missing when playing on such servers. Just my opinion.

Anyways, I have a question on the map. I am a little bit confused. I quess Demo/UO98 use the old map of Fellucca, not the new one (like there is no elvish podium thing in the centre of Yew, etc..and the map overall is smaller, cause I heard they made it bigger in later years. So what I mean, how does server (UO98 in this case) and client map files interact. For instance, if I use AoS/ML map files, obviously they aint going to be the same as the map files OSI shards used back in the day. Please explain me.

Umm..one more thing. Is the project really dead? Aww..

Thanks again.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:35 pm
In T2A (The Second Age) map width was increased to fit T2A land.
If you are using Renaissance client, then you need to set map width in server.txt.q to 7168.

2.0.3 should be fine, though i don't remember if it will work without removed encryption. Try both.

As for project itself, I would not say it's dead, just really slow at development, I personally don't have any spare time to dig in too much =\
Though I can answer some questions here on forums =)

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:43 pm
<Derrick> RunUO AI is kind of a functional prototype, which i have hacked into something resembling OSI behavior, but only by complitcating everything

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:53 pm
Thanks guys,

Will try Ren client once I install it kinda busy atm...will report most likely in a few days.

As of map, I noticed that most shards with standart Felucca/Trammel maps are different from most avaiable clients nowadays (post-AoS ones). Such as, the map Rebirth used is clearly something different from what comes with let's say ML client yet you can still play it with ML etc and the map will still be a bit different than the one isntalled. So I was curious. I understand if the shard uses completely custom map and I obviously have to download the files in order to play the shard..but as of Felucca/Trammel... Idk. This is basically one of the reason I want to use the older client as I believe old map files are better than newer versions of the same world maps.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:21 pm
There were 4 major changes to Felucca/Trammel maps.
1. The Second Age - Map width was increased
2. Renaissance - Trammel map was created
3. Mondains Legacy - Map width was increased
4. Stygian Abyss (or somewhere nearby) - map0 file was separeted to two different files, one for Felucca and one for Trammel.

Also there were a lot of minor changes, like Magincia statics were wiped, or creation of volcano near fire island.

It is highly recommended to have same map and statics on both client and server, otherwise client will experience invisible walls or not passable landscape.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:56 pm
Yea that's why I wanted to use T2A early client not sure if it has T2A lands yet or not...but it's also pre-Ren map. But I don't know how to encrypt it. So I will try to use early Renaissance client instead. Still haven't time to play with it..will report asap.

As of invisible "walls" and map bugs... I used to play on some oldschool like shards with many map glitches like these..and admins were actually fixing them somehow without forcing ppl to download clients and/or map files. Such as on Rebirth..if you play on it there are little to not map glitches, except era-accurate forest things through which you could not pass back in the day (the same is in Demo). And no matter what client I ran rebirth on, I do not experience it and the map is still custom a lil bit (such as that small orcish camp at the clearing north to Yew orc fort etc). This just makes me so confused...how come server has one map and a player has another client and yet a player is experiencing it all perfectly as in the server... Perhaps this is the power of RunUO core.. I'm not sure but I think Sphere Server still requires that every player downloads new files even when minor map changes are done.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 am
Iright guys, I did try to run UO98 using client 1.26.4i (UOR). After I run StartUO98.cmd in my UO98 folder, demo itself wont load (I need to run UODemo+ in order to play it which is ok I quess), then I proceed by running client.exe (No_Crypt_Client.exe) with login.cgf edited etc. And it crashes. Any tips?
Next

Return to UO:98