[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Shard Voting Interval | JoinUO Forums

Shard Voting Interval

Discuss topics relating to JoinUO only.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:37 am
What is the interval at which players can vote for a shard again? For example, once a day, once a week, once forever?

Thanks,
-GhostRiderGrey

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:53 pm
It's supposed to be 18 hours, but it appears to be broken. Fixing today.

Thanks!

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:59 pm
The re-vote problem should be fixed and the interval has been set to 24 hours.

It's being considered that the interval be one week in the future, but we're very open to feedback on this from shard owners.

Votes will begin resetting monthly beginning on Friday.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:21 pm
Thanks Derrick for responding to my question. Nice that you found and were able to fix the intercal issue. As owner of Whispering Pines, I would not mind a 1 week interval, but 24 hours is fine as well. I like the fact that if you try and vote more often, you receive a message that you have already voted. I assume that with this in place, we are then not being penalized if eager players try and vote more often than they should.

Thanks for a great service!
-GhostRiderGrey

Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:13 pm
Aye. We certainly wouldn't penaize players for trying to overvote. Your good dedicated players are likely voting on many sites and I doubt would remember what time he had voted last here.

On a different note (And this probably deserves another thread), we're aware that proxies are currently being used for voting on some shards and we'll be putting in measures to defend against this in the near future.

Also, we do require that the JoinUO vote button does appear on your home page, although we haven't yet actually stated this anywhere. Most people have done this and we're not cracking down on it yet, just a heads up.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:11 pm
Hehe, hard to know that is a requirement if it isn't stated. *gazes into crystal ball using powers of divine intervention* :shock:

No problem though, I will code it into the home page shortly. :D

Thanks,
-GhostRiderGrey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:57 pm
I found connectuo as a good example of voting interval, as far as I remeber, it was set to a week, and all the votes were reset every sunday. Any way I would suggest to set the interval the same as the reset votes time.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:26 am
I'm glad to see a consensus forming. Without any major objections we'll likely make this change soon.

Thanks.

Return to General Discussion