Voting Rewards

Discuss topics relating to JoinUO only.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:54 pm
I love the Join UO community! Thank you for everyone responsible for staying dedicated to a free project like this one! Just amazing!

I have a pretty simple question; Is it against Join UO policy to set up a kind of voting rewards system? Can I reward my players with, say, "voting tokens" that can be used to redeem special rewards?

I ask this question because I remember see somewhere that this was against the policy. I do not remember if it was for Join UO or for a different community. I noticed some shards advertise as having "voting rewards" so I am assuming the answer is "It is legal."

I just wanted to double check before I begin coding.

Thanks again to all the members of this community (especially the Admins!)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:31 am
I don't recall ever seeing anything of the sort. You're likely confusing JoinUO with the two "TopSites" pages, where they state offering "rewards of any kind for voting" violates their ToS (or at least they used to). My stance on it is that it doesn't affect the voting system one way or the other - if they vote for the reward, they still like your server. Otherwise, they wouldn't waste their time voting for items they don't care to have. Really quite simple. However, I don't speak for Derrick, so I'll let him chip in, but I can't imagine it'll be any different of an answer.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:38 pm
Prohibiting this type of thing would only reward the people that are going to do it anyway. We really can't police this, so it's not against any policy.

Best regards!

Return to General Discussion