[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 121: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/prime_links.php on line 122: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4712: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4714: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4715: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4716: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3842)
Proxy Voting | JoinUO Forums

Proxy Voting

Discuss topics relating to JoinUO only.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:44 pm
The proxy voting is getting out of hand. Servers with 2-5 players online with 100+ votes? C'mon, start banning those who don't play by the rules. Having a voting site is pointless when you have anyone proxying until they are at the top.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 8:58 am
Maybe some people are proxy voting, but why do you think, that the server need 50+ online people to be good? Of course, the player base is needed higher then 2 - 10 people - but people maybe just dont have acces to UO and only to internet? Like me in work. I can vote from 2 - 3 computers every day from home, work and mobile internet on my notebook. You cannot do nothing about it, because it's 3 different IP adresses.

The shards quality isnt in tha online players.. just please, remember that!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:45 pm
Your oblivious if you think those servers with 100+ votes and 1 person online are getting those votes by voting from individual computers. Proxy voting destroys the point of this website.
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:21 am
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:43 pm
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29

On a good day I vote for the shard I play from 4-5 different IP's. My house, my mobile, my work, my school, and my girls.

Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:41 pm
We do have a huge list of blocked proxy sites. I think one of the things that these large Vote counts can be attributed to is mass IM-ing of real people.

I agree is looks hugely suspicious.

Return to General Discussion